Saturday, April 27, 2013

Arizona



This was a typical terrain seen as we were leaving New Mexico.

This was the campsite we stayed for 2 nights. Behind me is the famous Route 66. There are many areas where you can still drive on it. Can often be seen in areas right along I-40 on our way to the Grand Canyon.

Our first night at Root 66 campsite, we all chipped in and had a wonderful steak dinner. Joe and Sue bought a rib roast and made 6 big fat juicy steaks. Shin made the world's best home-made biscuits.(Wish I had one right now.) We had corn on the cob, fresh green beans, baked potatoes and coleslaw.  We had great weather.
Here we are at the Petrified Forest National Park and Painted Desert Center. We saw some Awesome terrain. I assumed all my life, that the Painted Desert was different colored sandy areas, but I was surprised.
 
This was in the pink area of the Painted Desert. Note the volcano looking area in the middle of the picture.

 
 
O

No comments:

Post a Comment