Saturday, April 13, 2013

Day 2 of our Journey across America



We got a late start today. Had a problem with the brake cable getting stuck. Thank goodness the 3 men were able to work it out. It took about 1/2 hour, but we finally got started.
. If that's the worst thing that can happen, we'll all be very lucky.

I thought this was a pretty neat bridge somewhere in Kentucky, so I'm sharing it with you. Sometimes pictures don't do justice.

I was excited to see the Gateway Arch for the first time. It's just amazing to see in the distance and even more spectacular closer up.  Soon after the Arch, we saw the Busch Stadium, home of the famous St Louis Cardinals.

We arrived at our campsite in Jonesburg, MO around 3 PM. Joe started a great campfire, and we roasted hotdogs, Sue's Calico Beans and I made mac and cheese. Then, we had Smores that Theresa had individually packaged up for us. The marshmallows were "Easter Peeps". Soooo good.

St Louis Cardinal's Busch Stadium
 



Gateway Arch in St Louis





 

1 comment:

  1. I love the arch. I too was amazed the first time I saw it. So good to read your blogs. Great job!

    ReplyDelete