Thursday, July 18, 2013

Kenai Fjords Wildlife Cruise

What a beautiful day for a cruise. It is the nicest day we've had in Seward. We were comfortable, but the Alaskans were feeling a "heat wave".

Here's our boat. We had plenty of seats to choose. Inside cabin or out in the open. Each table had 2 binoculars for our use.

Joe and I were real troopers. We spent most of the trip on port side until we started getting wet on the trip back.

I could have taken hundreds of pictures. The views were awesome. This picture shows 3 glaciers all in a row. I didn't know this little tidbit, but in order to be called a glacier it has to be moving. In time-lapsed photography it's amazing to see that they are constantly moving. Hard to believe.

So many scenic points along the way.

In this shot, there were hundreds of sea gulls. The rock was white with them.

We were in low tide and this rock had several seals on it, warming in the sun. I think they are waiting for the tide to come back in.

Loch Ness??? I have to admit, I cheated on this picture. We didn't see any whales. 
 
 

I couldn't get over the uniqueness of this rock formation.

No comments:

Post a Comment