Thursday, September 5, 2013

The SPAM Museum in Austin, MN

While in Minnesota, we couldn't pass up visiting the SPAM Museum in Austin, MN.

 

Just inside, we were urged to have our picture taken with their mascot, SPAM.

Here you see Shin canning her own SPAM. See how fast you can grab a can, stuff it with SPAM, cover it, place it in the oven and then slip a label on it. I did all 6 in 1 minute 36 seconds. Joe beat me by 9 seconds, but I'm sure he cheated.

This section of the museum displayed all the fresh, canned and frozen foods that Hormel has on the market.

Here's Bob shopping in the souvenir shop. We bought several cans of different kinds of SPAM. We could get "Hot & Spicy", Garlic, Roasted Turkey, Black Pepper, Jalepeno, Lite, Bacon, Cheese and the Classic recipe.
 

Bob decided to get a tattoo of a SPAM can. He can't wait to show off his tattoo.

1 comment:

  1. I did not know there was such a variety of SPAM. I will have to check that out next time I am at the supermarket.

    ReplyDelete